Welcome to the 2023-2024 Festival Season!
• The OMFA Provincial Finals will be held in the Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton region June 10 to 15, 2024
• Register with one of our Member Festivals for the opportunity to be recommended to the 2023 Provincial Finals.
Click on Member Festivals to find the festival(s) you would like to enter!
• Local Festivals take place starting in November 2023 until May 2024. We have 40 different Festivals for you to choose from.
• Once you have received notification from your local festival that you have been recommended to Provincials, this is also the website to come to register. Registration for Provincials will begin on December 1, 2023.
• We are excited to offer new classes this year in Popular Brass, Popular Guitar, Popular Strings, Popular Woodwinds, Non-Western Instruments and more!
• There has been an important change in rules. At the recent OMFA AGM it was decided that competitors MUST take the first recommendation they are given.
Ontario Music Festivals Association
We are an organization of volunteers serving music festivals across the province, and through them, over 170,000 young classical musicians.
We envision a world that appreciates music.
The Ontario Music Festivals Association (OMFA) is a registered not-for-profit charity committed to providing a platform for cultivating excellence in music performance and speech arts.
The OMFA engages professional adjudicators who embrace our philosophy of motivating, educating and inspiring participants at the annual Provincial Music Festival through written comments and live workshops.
We provide an important step in the journey towards excellence in music performance with educational opportunities for students and teachers.
We strive to develop well-rounded individuals with positive life and performance skills who will give back their gifts to the community, ensuring that the arts will continue to flourish.
OMFA’s main objective is the development and encouragement of talented Ontario youth in the performance and knowledge of classical music, speech arts, popular music and music theatre.
Engagement in the arts builds skills and confidence; helps create a positive self-image, improves mental health and develops a capacity for cultural appreciation that can last a lifetime.
Create high calibre music and speech arts experiences for all participants
Deliver and expand virtual live performance opportunities that contribute to the cultural fabric of Ontario
Develop a comprehensive marketing, communications, and community outreach strategy
Foster a sustainable, inclusive and diverse provincial festival organization that cultivates and delivers an impactful music and speech arts experience for all Ontario youth