Entry Forms & Fees
- OMFA reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- Completed registration forms, YouTube videos and fees must be submitted electronically using the online registration form by 9:00 pm on the date of your local festival’s entry deadline.
Local Festivals held from November 2021 to March 2022 – Entry Deadline is May 15th.
Local Festivals held April 2022 to May 2022 – Entry Deadline is May 30th.
- You must submit your performance video upon registration.
- Late applications for Local Festivals with the May 15th deadline will be accepted for a maximum of 3 days. There will, however, be a $25 per day late fee charged. No entries will be accepted after May 18th.
- Late applications for Local Festivals with the May 30th deadline will be accepted for a maximum of 2 days. There will, however, be a $25 per day late fee charged. No entries will be accepted after June 1st.
- Entry forms must be complete to be accepted. Please use proper punctuation and do not use all caps. Full and accurate information must be included in all fields, including: Complete titles of pieces to be performed. For instrumentalists: names of composers, movements and opus numbers of works (if relevant). For Musical Theatre and Speech Arts: name of piece, source (i.e. name of musical or name of anthology), author and/or composer and lyricist.
- Time limits indicated within each discipline syllabus are “maximum” time limits. There is no minimum time limit.
- The full entry fee for each competitor must be paid by credit card at the time of registration. Because of fixed costs for the Provincial Competition, the entry fee is not refundable for any reason, except under circumstances where the entry is refused by OMFA. In these cases, OMFA will withhold a $25 processing fee.
- There will be a $25 charge for any change that needs to be made to a submitted entry. Please ensure that you take the time to fill out the registration form completely, correctly and with ALL of the requested information.
- Entry fees cover the competitor’s participation in the Provincial Competition only and DOES NOT include accompanist fees.
- Entry fees are as follows:
a) Instrumental Grade/Levels 1-5: $75
b) Instrumental Grade/Levels 6-9: $90
c) Instrumental Grade/Level 10 & Diploma: $105
d) Instrumental Open Classes – $125
e) Musical Theatre/Piano Concerti/Speech Arts/Percussion – Beginner, Primary and Elementary: $75
f) Musical Theatre/Piano Concerti/Speech Arts/Percussion – Junior and Intermediate: $90
g) Musical Theatre/Piano Concerti/Speech Arts/Percussion – Senior and Advanced: $105
h) Musical Theatre/Piano Concerti – Open – $125
i) Adult Classes: 5 years of training or less: $75
j) Adult Classes: 6 to 9 years of training – $90
k) Adult Classes: 10 years of training or more: $105
l) Small Ensembles (3 to 10 Players) – $150
m) Chamber Groups (3 to 5 players) – $150
n) Bands – $150
o) Choirs – $150
p) Orchestras – $150
Please note that for the purposes of this competition Adults are 21 years of age and over and must be amateurs.