- Competitors must not have reached their 29th birthday as of December 31st, 2019.
- Competitors must live or study in the Province of Ontario or in the Gatineau, Quebec area.
- For the 2020 Festival Year ONLY, the Provincial Competition is open to everyone regardless of whether or not they entered a local festival.
- All competitors must be amateurs.
For the purpose of these competitions an amateur shall be defined as: A music student, performer, or any person whose principal means of livelihood is not obtained from performance in the particular discipline in which he/she is competing.
Competitors who are full or junior members of either ACTRA or EQUITY are considered professional and are ineligible for the Provincial Competition, unless they are competing in a different discipline that is not in-line with the reason for their ACTRA or EQUITY membership.
- Competitors may only enter in one level of competition per discipline (i.e. only once in Piano, only once in Musical Theatre, etc.) at their correct instrumental grade or age level. Please note that Open and Diploma entrants in piano who wish to play a concerto must enter in the appropriate Piano Concerto classes and, for the purposes of this competition, Piano and Piano Concertos are two different disciplines.
- Diploma Level classes are for those competitors who are working on their Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM) ARCT or Conservatory Canada (CC) ACCM level but have not completed the level and received their certification.
Open Level classes are for competitors who have completed their RCM ARCT or CC ACCM Level certification. This level is also open to those who are still working towards their ARCT or ACCM, but would like the challenge of playing and competing at a higher level. Competitors in grades/levels 1-10 may not enter this category.
- If a competitor has completed the repertoire section and taken a partial Conservatory examination in 2019, they are not eligible to enter that graded level of the Provincial Competition.