Behaviour During The Provincial Competition
- Competitors, teachers, accompanists, parents/guardians are prohibited from being in contact with any Provincial Adjudicator until after the competitions are completed.
- During a performance and while in attendance at the Announcement of Winners Session, competitors must wear clothing suitable for concert hall performance and promotional photographs. Informal clothing such as jeans, T-shirts, or running shoes are highly discouraged.
- Competitors will be disqualified and ejected from competition premises without refund if found to be possessing or if under the influence of drugs or alcohol. OMFA reserves the right to refuse future participation in the Provincial Competition.
- A designated seat will be arranged in each competition venue for a parent/guardian/teacher to record or photograph their own competitor’s performance. All other audio recording, video recording, or photographing of competitors during performances and workshops is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the competitor.
- Appropriate behaviour and consideration of other competitors is expected at all times and in all aspects of the Provincial Competition, rehearsals, and its areas. Competitors may be disqualified if their conduct is disruptive or in violation of OMFA Rules at the discretion of the OMFA Executive Committee.
- All competitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.