All entries into the Adult Classes section are non-competitive and will be for adjudication only.
- Definition: Adult Classes are non-competitive and open to any competitor over the age of 21.
- Performance: Competitors must perform two (2) selections for brass, guitar, harp, piano, strings and woodwinds. Voice competitors are required to perform (3) selections.
a) One selection must have been performed at the originating local festival and have received the recommendation of the local Adjudicator.
b) The second selection is the competitor’s choice but must not be another movement from the first selection.
c) Selections must be musically contrasting. The Adjudicator will take choice of material into consideration.
d) Memorization is not required, but is highly recommended.
e) There is no minimum performance time. The absolute maximum total performance time is:
Four years of training or less – Fifteen (15) minutes
Six to Nine yeas of training – Twenty (25) minutes
Ten years of training or more – Thirty-Five (35) minutes
- Additional Criteria:
- Accompaniment must be by piano only.
- Competitors may count one or more movements of a multi-movement work as one selection only.
- All criteria listed in the OMFA General Rules (separate document) is compulsory.