Adult classes are available for amateurs in many disciplines!
- Definition: Adult Classes are open to any amateur competitor 29 years of age and over.
- Performance: Competitors must perform two (2) selections for all instrumental classes. Classical Voice and Speech Arts competitors are required to perform (3) selections.
a) One selection must have been performed at the originating local festival and have received the recommendation of the local Adjudicator.
b) The second (and/or third) selection(s) are the competitor’s choice but must not be another movement from the first selection.
c) Selections must be musically contrasting. The Adjudicator will take choice of material into consideration.
d) Memorization is not required, but is highly recommended.
e) There is no minimum performance time. The absolute maximum total performance time is:
Five years of training or less – Fifteen (15) minutes
Six to Nine years of training – Twenty (25) minutes
Ten years of training or more – Thirty-Five (35) minutes
- Additional Criteria:
- Accompaniment must be by piano only. The only exception to this is for Popular Voice where competitors are permitted use backtracks (piano or instrumental, no background vocals) or self-accompaniment on piano, guitar or ukulele.
- Competitors may count one or more movements of a multi-movement work as one selection only.
- All criteria listed in the OMFA General Rules (separate document) is compulsory.