2023 Syllabus, Rules and Regulations
Thank you for joining us for the 2023 Provincial Festival!
The 2023 Provincials will be a combination of a virtual and live competition this year.
Please take the time to read the Rules and Regulations. By submitting an entry it means that you have read and understood the rules and regulations.
We are very excited to be able to offer this opportunity to young musicians who qualify through their local festivals. Apart from the virtual submissions there are a couple of other exciting changes from the regular Provincials:
a) We are offering competitive classes for ALL instrumental levels from Grade 1 to ARCT (Brass, Guitar, Harp, Lower Strings, Piano, Upper Strings, Woodwinds & Voice)
b) We are offering competitive classes for competitors ages 6 to 28 in Musical Theatre, Percussion, Piano Concerti, Popular Piano, Popular Voice and Speech Arts.
c) We are offering classes for Amateur Adults.
d) We are offering duet classes again this year.
e) We are offering small ensemble classes for groups with 4-10 members.
f) Band, Choir and Orchestra classes will be offered this year.
Registration is currently open!
Please note that the registration is new and it is highly suggested that you read this manual before registering to make the process easier:
You can register and pay for your entry at any time before your Festival’s entry deadline.
• If your local festival finishes BEFORE May 1st, you may change your repertoire at any time until 9:00 pm on May 10th. No changes will be accepted after this date.
• If your local festival finishes AFTER May 1st, you may change your repertoire at any time until 9:00 pm on May 20th. No changes will be accepted after this date.
For the “Virtual Festival – Video for the performances can be loaded when you register.
• If your local festival finishes BEFORE May 1st, you may change your repertoire and upload your video at any time until 9:00 pm on May 10th. No changes will be accepted after this date.
• If your local festival finishes AFTER May 1st, you may change your repertoire and upload your video at any time until 9:00 pm on May 20th. No changes will be accepted after this date.
• The YouTube video can be either public or unlisted but the “Kids for YouTube” setting must be turned off.
• Please note that all selections must be uploaded into one YouTube video. There is only one field to upload the YouTube link.
Early registration is strongly encouraged.
It is the responsibility of every Competitor and/or Parent/Guardian to ensure that they have read and fully understood all parts of this Syllabus.
General Rules & Regulations
- Classical Brass
- Popular Brass
- Classical Guitar
- Popular Guitar
- Musical Theatre
- Songs from the Screen and More
- Non-Western Instruments
- Classical Piano
- Classical Piano Concerto
- Popular Piano
- Speech Arts
- Classical Strings
- Popular Strings
- Classical Voice
- Popular Voice
- Popular Voice Self-Accompanied
- Classical Woodwinds
- Popular Woodwinds
- Duets & Trios
- Chamber Groups
- Small Ensembles