Upper Strings – Open
Note: The time limit for this class is 40 minutes.
- Two pieces must be performed at the Provincial Level:
- The first piece must have been played at the local festival and received a minimum mark of 85
- The second piece is own choice but must be at the same grade level as the first piece but may not be another movement of the work chosen as the first selection.
- For Grades 6-10 Studies or Etudes are not permitted
- Accompaniment must be live and is by piano only
- Competitors must refer carefully to either the RCM or CC syllabus to determine how many and which movements of a selection are required (i.e. one movement, two movements., or complete)
- Except for Sonata, performances must be from memory.